Essay should explore one of the religions we talked about in class. Your essay should cover where the religion came from (country of origin), who founded it, what members of this religion practice and believe, and important historical moments in the history of this religion. You can choose to focus on any part of the religion that you find interesting, but you must include the basic who, what, when, where, and why questions too. Feel free to compare this religion to others that we have studied or you are familiar with.
6 mandatory sources
* 3 secondary sources (textbooks, history books, journal articles from the present)
* 2 primary sources (ancient documents from the past, example: holy texts)
* Image (Painting, photograph, chart, etc.)
Essay must be in MLA format (In text citations, proper heading, etc.)
Works Cited Page:
Essay must include a Works Cited page with citations for your 3 secondary sources and 2 primary sources
Please refer to the example essay posted on Canvas Modules to see what MLA format
and a Works Cited page looks like. Use this essay as a model for your own.
1) Essay is at least 5 full pages of written text (not including image) = 20 points
2) Essay includes 6 sources (3 secondary, 2 primary, 1 image) = 20 points
3) Essay is in MLA Format (in text citations, proper heading) = 20 points
4) Essay includes a Works Cited page with at least 5 citations = 20 points
5) Essay demonstrates critical thinking and college level analysis = 20 points
primary source link