Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â€“600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The next step is to translate the requirements that you prepared in week 1 into a low-fidelity mock-up prototype. Before you embark on this task, you should research pertinent user interface standards guidelines to determine which set or sets will best help guide your design for the kiosk and smart phone tourist user interface application.
Research at least 2 sources (which may include your textbook) to support your response.
- Explore and describe User Interface Design Standards and/or Guidelines which you intend to use as a guide for your tourist kiosk user interface design. Be sure to include the source of your information.
- Explore and describe User Interface Design Standards and/or Guidelines which you intend to use as a guide for your tourist smart phone or mobile user interface design. Be sure to include the source of your information.
- Find at least 1 informational Web site, related to this project, with an appealing design and explain why you chose it. Please include a screenshot and link to this Web site.
Write 2 more paragraphs that are an introduction and conclusion to this topic. Be sure to include your references and format your submission in APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words about their primary task response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?