Topic for term paperï¼š
- SAP customers are at a crossroads. As you already know, a large number of companies among Fortune 500 are SAP customers. Most companies have used R3, a version earlier than SAP S/4. By 2025, it will be more than 10 years since its introduction. Replacement is inevitable. If you decide to implement a new SAP product as CIO, you must move the existing DBMS system, such as Oracle to SAP Hana. The majority of customers who have adopted SAP ERP are large companies with tens of thousands of employees. ERP DB migration is not straightforward. A minimum period of 1 to 2 years is required. Given that the end time is 2025, the decision should be made next year or next year, and the previous work should be started. This is the reason why many of major companies started to switch systems earlier than other companies.
As a CIO, you have to decide either to migrate your relational Database to SAP Hana or to reinforce sustainability of the relational Database under the following assumption.
- Your company is a company that manufactures office supplies.
- You are the CIO of the company.
- Your company mainly sell your products to wholesalers based in the countries of North America, such as Canada, the United States and Mexico.
- Your company also retails to individual customers through online marketplace or store such as Amazon and eBay.
- In order to deliver to wholesalers in each country, your company must have a close relationship with a ground logistics company.