Select a scenario from the list below:
- There is a species of fish (with low numbers) that is having trouble traveling up and down the river because of a dam.
- Choose an area that is economically depressed but has a lot of species diversity, you need to protect the species while providing jobs for locals.
- An animal is being poached for its horn which is believed in some cultures to cure many diseases, it is not critically endangered.
- The demand for farming is increasing, which is destroying native forests and affecting their biodiversity.
- An animal is starting to become isolated because it is afraid to cross roads created by deforestation.
- Local birds typically migrate over the winter, but people are feeding them and thermal pollution at a local stream is keeping the water warmer, so the birds are not migrating, resulting in water pollution.
- A drought has been going on for a period of time; the water needed for homes, businesses, and farms has decreased lake and river levels impacting the amount available for local flora and fauna.
- Species are being found dead on local beaches due to plastic.
find the best resource management practice to implement.
Create a pamphlet addressing the following:
- What is the issue and why it would work
- Describe the restoration method you selected and why it would be best (with at least two examples of how it has worked in similar situations from peer reviewed sources)
- Time frame to complete the plan (include short and long term objectives)
- What is the end goal of the restoration project
Materials to view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kaeyr5-O2eU#t=586