Read the article Macho Paradox attached below:
Each question should take between 1-2 paragraphs to answer thoroughly. Be sure to use direct quotes from the article to help support your points!
1. What does the article explain?
– what do you think the author is arguing/advocating for? What issue is at stake?
2. Which theoretical perspective can best be applied to this article? Explain.
– using functionalism, conflict, symbolic interactionism, postmodernism, or feminism, explain how this theory would interpret the issue being presented
3. Why are we reading this article? Why is it important?
– what are your thoughts about this article? Why do you think I would assign this article? Do you agree/disagree with the author?
4. Pull out interesting/powerful quotes
– explain a quote that stood out to you and why it stood out to you
5. Formulate your own questions to the author and/or your classmates
– what are some questions that you would ask the author or your classmates?