Questions to answer in the report:
- What can the historical income statements (case Exhibit 1) and balance sheets (case Exhibit 2) tell you about the financial health and current condition of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.?
- How can financial ratios extend your understanding of financial statements? What questions do the time series of ratios in case Exhibit 7 raise? What questions do the ratios on peer firms in case Exhibits 8 and 9 raise?
- Is Krispy Kreme financially healthy at year-end 2004?
- In light of your answer to question 3, what accounts for the firm’s recent share price decline?
- What is the source of intrinsic investment value in this company? Does this source appear on the financial statements?