Read the excerpt “Pause and Reflect: ‘Ego Boosters’ and ‘Ego Busters'” in Chapter 3 (Page 68 of the 15th edition). Answer any 2 of the following:
1) Briefly describe an instance of someone you know (or once knew) being an ‘ego booster’ — someone who enhanced your self-esteem
2) Briefly describe an instance of someone being an “ego buster” to you — a person who acted in a large or small way to reduce your self-esteem
3) Briefly describe a time when you were an ego booster to someone else: Where your actions made them feel loved, needed, valued, etc.
4) Briefly describe an instance when you were an ego buster to someone else.
- Click on the “reply” link below to post your response to two of the questions. (Expected word count = approximately 250-300 words)
- Reply to a post made by at least two of your classmates and address any shared experience you have that you can relate to or that you find interesting. You should address how your own experience was either similar or different from your classmate’s and how it relates to a concept/idea from the chapter info or class notes for this week. (Expected word count = approximately 100-150 words)
- You must post your initial reply before you can see other responses. Your initial post should represent a complete answer to the prompts as it cannot be deleted once posted (however, you can always make another post if you have to supplement any information not included in your original one).