For this assignment, you will submit the final version of your 750-1,000 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education. Be sure to consider the feedback provided by your peers and your faculty member on the rough draft you submitted in Topic 4.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last 3 years complete your paper so that it addresses the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies 2-3 arguments presented for and 2-3 arguments against the issue.
- Discusses associated injustices arising from the issue, including how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic
- Explains solutions you recommend implementing to remedy the associated injustices, and why you selected them.
- Concludes by identifying where you fall on the cultural competence continuum in relation to the issue, including your commitment to understanding othersâ€™ frames of reference (e.g., culture, gender, language, abilities, ways of knowing), in order to reduce personal biases and improve relationships with colleagues, students, and studentsâ€™ families.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.