Create a lesson plan that integrates language objectives, content
objectives, and best instructional practices for ELLs, as well as a
method for authentic assessment. In this assignment you will complete a
SIOP Lesson Plan based on the Background Information below and your own
grade level selection and content area of choice.
You are the teacher of a class of 10 ELL students in the same grade,
but with differing English proficiency levels. Select your potential
grade level and core content area of interest before you begin. Using
the SIOP Lesson Plan template in the Student Success Center, design a
lesson for those students by completing the following sections of the
SIOP lesson plan:
- Lesson Topic
- Objectives (Content and Language)
- Learning Strategies
- Key Vocabulary
- Motivation (Building Background)
- Presentation (Language and content objectives, comprehensible input, strategies, interaction, feedback)
- Practice and Application (Meaningful activities, interactions, strategies, feedback)
- Assessment and Extension (Review objectives, and vocabulary, assess learning)
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Submit your completed Clinical Field Experience Verification Form or
Practicum/Field Experience Observation and Activity Log with this
assignment. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of
Education site in the Student Success Center.