Review the FindLaw database and identify a case concerning the 4th Amendment. It may also be helpful to research the Strayer Online Library for this assignment.
Complete a four to five (4-5) page legal memorandum in which you:
- Include a brief summary of the case.
- Explain the court’s decision, including whether there has been a violation of the plaintiff’s 4th Amendment right against unlawful search and seizure by the government.
- Summarize the court’s opinion.
- Summarize any dissenting opinion.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the differences and commonalities between civil and criminal law and procedures.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to civil and criminal procedures.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in law and the legal system using proper writing mechanics.