Use the attached ONE reading to answer all these questions. Word count at least 750
1. What is the psychological phenomenon examined in this study? Define the phenomenon. Describe an example of the phenomenon given in the article. Give a second example that you have personally observed: be specific.
2. What is the studyâ€™s hypothesis?
3. What were the study populations? What was the researchersâ€™ rationale for using these populations? What bias is avoided by using these populations?
4. What were the studyâ€™s predictions? (make sure to include all the predictions)
5. What methods were used to test the predictions in each population?
6. What was the mean (mathematical average) rejection rate among the Hadza for the three contaminants compared to the control? What was the mean rejection rate among the Tannese across the four contaminants, compared to the controls?
7. Among the Hadza, what was the most common reason given for not eating each of the following (include percentage):
honey contaminated by coughing?
broth contaminated by coughing?
honey contaminated by poison?
broth contaminated by poison?
honey contaminated by bead?
broth contaminated by bead?
8. Although mean rejection rates were higher for contaminants than for control items, mean rejection rates for the latter were still fairly high. Given the studyâ€™s hypothesis, what is a possible explanation for this response to non-contaminants? In other words, does this finding falsify the hypothesis or provide support for it?