(you can pick whatever Two you want to answer from the list below)
I attached the story, I just need ONE or HALF a page document
“The Story of an Hour” by Kate Chopin
- Obviously, this story’s time frame is crucial to its plot and it outcome: how?
- Are you, as a reader, surprised at Mrs. Mallard’s secret feeling of liberation?why or why not?
- How is Mrs. Mallard a “dead duck” or a “sitting duck” Does this little joke add anything to the story?
- The story is written for its use of irony; does it work for you?
- How might MR. Mallard describe their marriage?
- For a possible paper topic, one could discuss the use of irony here as compared to another short story, “The Lottery,” for example.